(A Christmas Carol is by Charles Dickens. This audiobook version was read by Hugh Grant.)
Merry Christmas! (I'm writing this on December 7th, but by the time it gets published it will be Christmas.)
I don't have tons to say about A Christmas Carol, even though I've now experienced it in three separate mediums (the original book, this audiobook, and the movie The Muppet Christmas Carol). It's... sort of the original Christmas book.
This audiobook version is read by Hugh Grant. However, I mostly know Hugh Grant because he played Forge Fitzwilliam in Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023), which made it slightly surreal and rather hilarious to hear his voice reading A Christmas Carol instead.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E10+ for spookiness.
4 stars. Never going to be my absolute favorite book, but it's nowhere near Dickensian enough for me to dock it a star or two. (Yes, it's not very Dickensian despite literally being written by Dickens.)
(Endnote: This post is too long to make it as a mini-review but really too short to be a normal-length review.)

No comments:
Post a Comment