Behold, another anthology. I'm doing the micro-reviews for this again.
"Runners Alliance" by Al Thibeaux: Dystopian, with megacorporate warfare involved (because of course).
"Rendezvous" by Tor Thibeaux: A guy defects from another dystopia, then turns out to have the time of his life doing so, severely annoying everyone who's extracting him.
"Symbiosis" by Jaq Thibeaux: All the trees are sentient and can talk to each other. Then one of them dies, and another one gets depressed.
"Star Harvest" by Tor Thibeaux: I'm not sure if what these people are harvesting are actual real stars or if they're just called stars for some reason.
"To a Better Time" by Al Thibeaux: In which the Lady of the Lake is a time traveler.
"Escape" by Tor Thibeaux: Remember the guy who has the time of his life defecting from a dystopia? He's back, having the time of his life rescuing another person from a dystopia. And ticking off basically everyone else in his organization by Not Acting Like A Proper Secret Agent.
"Adventure for Two" by Al Thibeaux: A guy from a singularly boring village is GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!!! And then he meets a dragon.
"One Last Shot" by Jaq Thibeaux: A random person and her mysterious floating sphere buddy have to get past a guard robot.
"The Aim High" by Tor Thibeaux: A salvage ship finds a mysteriously abandoned ship. With spooky things on it.
"Seven Strong" by Al Thibeaux: Basically just a sci-fi retelling of Snow White.
"Treachery Aboard the Nautilus" by Tor Thibeaux: What if Professor Arronax was evil?
"The Queen's Cure" by Al Thibeaux: A peaceful kingdom with fairies is abruptly invaded by an evil guy and his robot army.
"Raid on the Zone" by Tor Thibeaux: Turns out oil fields can get attacked by angry furries.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E10+ for violence.
(Endnote: A "furry" is basically a humanoid animal.)

If you hadn't known because I told you (at least, I THINK I told you), would you have been able to tell from the writing that Al Thibeaux is actually Allison Tebo?
ReplyDeleteNo, but I would have been able to tell by the "Also by Al Thibeaux (as Allison Tebo)" thing.
DeleteNor my "cup of tea" but I'm glad you enjoy them! -grammy
ReplyDelete