Do you like puns and allegory? If so, this book is for you.
At least I think it's an allegory. It doesn't seem to have a strong overarching point, other than "the world is actually interesting so don't be bored just for the sake of being bored"; aside from that it seems like a collection of mini-allegories. But there are definitely a lot of puns.
I recall loving this book as a preteen. Now that I'm older, it's unfortunately lost a bit of the charm it held for me then; I can see the fact that it's allegorical and yet at the same time slightly pointless, not just the fun adventure story aspect.
That said, I did love the book when I was younger, so it appears this is one of those "books I'm too old for" that I also read when I wasn't too old for them.
This review is part of my first completed quest.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E, probably. I'd have rated it E10+ for fantasy violence, but nobody actually does any.
3 stars. As I've said before, the star ratings are not a measure of how objectively good the book is, they're a measure of how much I liked it. And I... honestly was indifferent to this book this time around.
(Endnote: "Welcome to the island of Conclusions." "How did we get here?" "Jumping.")

No comments:
Post a Comment