I was not expecting to like this book this much.
It's about an eleven-year-old named Harriet, who isn't an actual spy. She just has a notebook in which she writes everything she thinks about everyone. Then |she loses her notebook, her friends find it, and nobody likes her anymore because she wrote her actual thoughts about everyone. And most of those are... let's say "brutally honest".|
(I thought it was going to be a kid-spies book, but no, it's a coming-of-age book.)
Most of my enjoyment of the book did not come from the plot. Most of my enjoyment came from the characters. As it turns out, I am a sucker for characters experiencing Emotions™. (This may possibly relate back to my review of Darkbeast and the principle that I read fiction to feel things.)
This review is part of my first completed quest.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: Uhhhhh... E10+?
4 stars.
(Endnote: I must confess that I occasionally backdate these slightly if I forget to post one on schedule or don't quite have it done. This is more for my peace of mind than anything else.)

No comments:
Post a Comment