Plot Summary: Imagine The Phantom of the Opera. Except Christine is kind of a ditz a total ditz, Raoul is rather nonexistent, and there are two impending witches dead set on wrecking the entire story to get at one of the chorus girls so they can have three witches instead (which everyone knows is the proper number).
I... don't have much to say about this one. It was alternately hilarious and agh-can-the-witches-please-just-not-for-once (can you tell I'm not super fond of them? They're the same ones from Witches Abroad), and having both read The Phantom of the Opera and watched the movie version, I appreciated all the little nods to it.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: T15+ for crude humor and swearing.
Favorite lines:
"Tea leaves can't tell the future," said Granny quietly. "Everyone knows that."
"Tea leaves don't know."
"Well, who'd be so daft as to tell anything to a bunch of dried leaves?"
Page 35.
"It's blood!" said the carpenter.
"It's blood, isn't it?" said a musician.
"It's blood!!" screamed Christine.
It was Agnes's terrible fate to keep her head in a crisis. She sniffed her finger again.
"It's turpentine," said Agnes. "Er. Sorry. Is that wrong?"
Page 49.
"What sort of person," said Salzella patiently, "sits down and writes a maniacal laugh?"
Page 67.
Appearances of Death count: 10.
(Endnote: A couple of Watch members go undercover in this one, including one whose pseudonym is the Count de Tritus. I'll leave you to figure out the pun.)

No comments:
Post a Comment