Nothing is real, everything everyone tells you is a lie including some of the narration, and there is no war in Ba Sing Se. Now try guessing which one of those is actually true, and which one of those is me lying to you, and which one of those is from Avatar: The Last Airbender, and whether I was lying when I implied there was only one that fit into each category. Also try guessing which opinions below are also lies. Or it could be none of them.
Behold: how this book kinda is. Except nobody warns you that they might be lying. Except that sometimes they do. Except that sometimes they aren't but they want you to think they are. I have no idea what anyone wants in this book.
Everybody dies, and the next two books are about different people. I don't like Julian much because he annoys me. I don't mind Tella because she doesn't really do much. |I like| potato soup. I could sort of like Dante except I don't trust him because he never tells you anything. Scarlett's dad is an alien. Scarlett is fine but I wish she had more of a personality than just "protect sister". Legend isn't real. [REDACTED]. My mom reviewed this, and her review is more coherent.
And the thing is, people keep telling Scarlett it's all just a game. Does she listen? Not really.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: A stern T15+ for a lot of suggestive content. The book could have done without it, in my opinion. That aside, it would be a decent videogame.
3 stars. Not my new favorite thing, but also not terrible.

Very cleverly written, with the guessing game at the beginning of the review! Sometime you really amaze me with your fresh approach! - Grammy
ReplyDeleteThe guessing game (and true to my word (or wasn't I?), some of the other things throughout the rest of the post are also wrong) is... something I won't be doing for many other books. Just because in most books, at least some people aren't hiding things from you.
DeleteIt's a mind trip, and no mistake!
ReplyDeleteIt really is, isn't it.
Delete