Just so you know, that guy's tie is a fish.
Yeah, that cover is a pretty good representation of the entire book. I can see why people like Artemis Fowl.
This one is about two twins, Beckett (the guy whose tie is a fish) and Myles (the guy whose tie isn't a fish) Fowl. They're the younger brothers of Artemis Fowl, presumably of Artemis Fowl fame.
It's also pretty funny, mostly based in taking itself seriously.
For some reason, even though I really want to review this book, I'm hitting a wall of writer's block whenever I try to say anything about it. It's one of those books that's too aggressively itself for me to really describe.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E10+ for cartoon violence.
I'm giving The Fowl Twins 4 stars. No, I'm not giving Beckett and Myles two stars each.
Favorite lines:
As it turned out, Lord Bleedham-Drye did find the fountain of youth, but it was not a fountain in the traditional sense of the word, as the life-giving liquid was contained in the venom of a mythological creature. And the family he would possibly have to murder to access it was none other than the Fowls of Dublin, Ireland, who were not overly fond of being murdered.
Page 6.
Beckett bowed and said, "I respect you, Mr. Oberon."
Which was not an accurate statement, as the man's real name was Phil and Beckett didn't actually respect him.
Page 123.
Artemis had built a laser pointer into Myles's spectacles, but the presentation tool was not of industrial strength, as he did not consider death lasers suitable add-ons to an eleven-year-old's eyewear.
Page 185.
(Endnote: Not the entire book is like the selections I provided, but those are examples of the humor contained therein.)

Interesting style of humor!!! - Grammy
ReplyDeleteIt definitely is, yup.
Delete