As you may have guessed, this is the sequel to Minecraft: The Island. Unlike with that book, though, this one has two sapient characters.
I don't have tons to say here. The isekai version of Minecraft updates a couple times; specifically, it gets Update Aquatic and the Nether Update. It's nice having a Minecraft book that's not just set in World of Color Update Java Edition or Better Together Update Bedrock; they've added some pretty cool stuff since then!
I especially liked how the characters got to see the world updating, with things reshaping themselves and fish-as-mobs (Update aquatic hallmark) suddenly showing up.
Anyway, I was annoyed with Summer (the other sapient character; the first one is our main character from Minecraft: The Island) for a lot of the book. However, when |the Nether Update caught them unawares in the Nether|, I started liking her a lot better, because she and the main character had to work together to |survive all the stuff that came with the changes|.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E10+, just like Minecraft.
4 stars. Had I not started liking Summer, it probably would have gotten 3, but the author did a good job with her.
(Endnote: Reading through the update archives, I've placed our original acquisition of Minecraft at somewhere around the Friendly Update or Boss Update, so June-October 2016. I placed it there because I remember playing around with all the new blocks and things during the Ender Update .)
EDIT: Changed all the wiki links to the new Minecraft wiki.

No comments:
Post a Comment