Friday, September 15, 2023

"Joshua Dread" by Lee Bacon

The only way this book could get any cheesier is if I spread some actual cheese on it.

I mean, it's about an eleven-year-old whose parents are supervillains and who gets the power to make things randomly explode. Can you smell the cheese from here?

But, as with many thoroughly cheesy things, it was also fairly fun. If you like cheese, that is. I don't have much to say about this book, honestly; big smoke monster things start attacking random supervillains.

Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E10+ for cartoon violence. Definitely cartoon violence.

I'll give Joshua Dread 4 stars. (Maybe I should just tell you when I don't give something 4 stars, and spare myself the trouble of coming up with creative ways to say "so yeah this one is rated 4 stars too".)

Favorite lines:

    "I'm afraid your arsenal of badly named hologram weapons won't work," said Vex.
    Page 203.

(Endnote: Wouldn't it be cool to have the last name Bacon?)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me like his last name should be camembert, or provolone instead. :} Grammy

    ReplyDelete