I have to say, it's not every day when the villain of your |(almost-)| murder mystery is |an evil macaroni penguin named after a burger|.
This book is honestly less Christmassy than the previous one. I think the author was starting to run out of Christmas references, so she threw in random references to other things as well. On a related note, I liked the first one better, even though this one namedrops Hogfather.
Oh, did I mention the Loch Ness Monster is the train's chef? I didn't. The Loch Ness Monster is the train's chef.
I don't really have much to say about this one. This review is too long to be a mini-review, but it's really short for a full review. Eh, I wrote this the day after Christmas, I can have a bit of a rest.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: E10+ for murder.
3 stars.
(Endnote: This has rather more to do with Murder on the Orient Express than Death of a Christmas Tree Salesman had to do with Death of a Salesman.)

No comments:
Post a Comment