This isn't a complicated book. Nothing really bad happens in it, there's no antagonist to speak of, and it's only 59 pages long (11 of which are just pictures).
It's your classic "take relatively useless item, trade for slightly better items until you get the thing you want" story. Like I said, not complicated. It's not the caliber of book I usually read or review. I got it from the library to complete two quests for the library's Winter Reading program, "Read a book with snow on the cover" and "Read a book that takes place during winter".
This is going to be a short review of a short book.
Were this a videogame, I'd rate it: EC. It seems designed to be read out loud to small children.
Aaaaaaand... 4 stars. (Don't worry, I'm going to read some worse books soon so you can have some different star ratings.)
[EDIT: I'm going to drop this rating to 3 stars instead, on the grounds that in hindsight this book is actually just kind of okay.]
(Endnote: For pretty much the whole book, I was like "Oh no, they're going to get caught in a blizzard!" and other such. They do not get caught in a blizzard.)

Hey Sam, you almost sound a bit disappointed that they don't get caught in a blizzard. Granted, it would have been more exciting that way!
ReplyDeleteGrammy
It would have been more exciting that way, true. However, I think the lack of an actual blizzard happening works for the book as it is; it's a trading-items story, not a survive-the-blizzard story.
Delete